Saturday, March 12, 2011

Philippine Ink

Hehe :) I�ve always been fascinated with tattoos. Whenever I see tattoo shops/parlors I always stop & admire the pictures displayed on the window-if someone�s being inked inside & I can watch, so much the better! I thought about getting one a few years back. It was more of just thinking about it, the idea of getting one was so exciting! I was thinking of all these designs that I like. Designs-plural. I wasn�t really sure on what to get yet so good thing I was able to snap myself back to reality & stopped myself before I had something inked that I would later regret. I think that each piece of tattoo that you decide to have should have meaning to you, it should be personal and the design should be well thought of & not on a whim. Maybe this is just me, but that�s the state of mind I wanted to be in when I finally decide on mine. I wanted something �cute� but not overly so; I didn�t want floral stuff or skull & bones and as much as I love Hello Kitty I don�t want that inked on me-though I did see a few on the net that looked great, hehe. :D I always liked stars also (aside from HK) so I decided to get stars. I�ve watched episodes of Miami & L.A. Ink and I saw how each person would describe what they want to the artist and the artist would interpret these & draw them into what would be the design of the tattoo. I�m thinking that it should be the same here, right? I will describe what I want & think that the artist can help me interpret what I want into a design. I want to draw it myself but sad to say, for a lefty like me (who people say are creative), I can�t draw to save my life. Also, it�s all about location, location, location! I don�t have anything against people who have it on their shoulder blades, arms, shins, or hips but I want mine to be a little discreet, not to hide it, but I�m getting one for myself not for everyone else so I decided to get one on my inner heel (picture #1). I don�t want the tattoo to be ridiculously small that it would look like dirt but I don�t it to be humongous either. My tattoo would consist of 6 stars-1 for each member of my family (parents+4 siblings). I want it to be colored and of course, I�ll be the pink star, haha! :) I�m thinking daddy would be red, then mommy would be green (fave color), 1 sister is purple (her fave too) now for the 2 youngest, they�d have to talk it out between them because the other sister�s favorite color is blue but the youngest is the only boy, he�ll just be yellow, I guess. Not like the stars would have names, it�s just that I have to associate them with a color because they�ll be representing a star. I wanted the cluster of stars to represent my family because I want them to be with me wherever I go. I know, they�re in my heart & all but it�s a different reminder, I�ll see my star everyday and it will remind me how they will always be with me whatever I choose to do because family is family. People will come & go but family will never go away.
Picture #1
The fun part-the design! I want the stars to be drawn like this (Picture #2) but I don�t want the thick border of the largest star in the photo, a thin black border would do. The shade of pink for my star should be the same pink as is in Picture #3. :) I like the pink & aqua combination in the 3rd photo, when I saw this picture I decided that I wanted my tattoo to be more on the pastel shades but I want daddy star to be red so I guess I�ll discuss color options with the artist when I�m there.
Picture #2
Picture #3
Now, where does BF fit into all of these? Ha, persistence paid off. A few years back, whenever the topic of tattoo is brought up & I would tell him that I wanted one he�ll just look at me funny like he�s thinking in his mind �yeah yeah, sure sure� but when I decided that I�m really getting one and he saw that I was serious about it he eventually got okay with the idea. My dear parents, I told my mom about it & she just told me to think about it a million times since once I get it there�s no turning back. My dad is a different issue altogether. When my cousin came home from Sydney last February we went to Boracay and, of course, we were in bikinis and my cousin has 2 tattoos on her hips-1 is a tribal thing & the other is a combination of the 1st letters of her name plus her siblings. When my dad saw them he asked his sister if they were real & when my tita told him that they were he just sort of said �ahhh� but his face looked funny. So this is the only bottleneck in my whole tattoo plan. Some would say that once I get one I won�t be able to donate blood which is so not the case. You can still donate blood but not until after a period of time since your last tattoo. Though some hospitals and/or blood banks would really say it or have it posted in the reception area that they prefer if you didn�t have any tattoos-this is just a preference, it doesn�t necessarily mean you can�t donate blood. Because of this, I googled some tidbits of info regarding this and here are some stuff I found:
  • After a getting a tattoo: you can�t donate blood until 12 months has passed; if you got a new piercing, you�ll just have to wait 6 months. -When I haven�t read on stuff yet, I was confused because some were saying 6 some were saying 12 months. Apparently, it�s different for tattoos & piercings.
  • Just in case for some weird reason you lie about how long you had your last tattoo or piercing & just in case you did get something from the needles they�ll still screen your blood for any abnormalities or diseases anyway; they just ask you right off the bat so as not to waste the time of the donor and the hospital or blood bank.
  • Now I get it, check this out >> If you should happen to contract a disease from a tattoo or piercing, it should show up in a screening after 12 months, which is the reason for the waiting period. That�s why!
Here are some of the tattoos that found very graphic, interesting, creative & amazing that I saved from the many times I googled tattoos on the internet, enjoy! :)
Family tattoo
Family tattoo
Cute stars tattoos on feet
Hello Kitty!

0 comments:

Post a Comment